Christmas cards are a tradition maintained throughout the years. Besides celebrating this time of the year, the purpose of these cards is to send a warm message to your family and friends and remind them they’re in your thoughts even in the distance — especially during a pandemic that has forced us to be away from each other.
However, the last-minute haste might make you forget these small and symbolic messages. To save you the work of figuring out a cute way of creating your Christmas card, this year, we bring you three great ideas of cards that you can make at home or even have made in advance.
Get your camera ready
Family Christmas card photos are quite popular and certainly an annual tradition that many adapt to their taste. To make your card unique with your own photos there are many tips:
- As it is a Christmas theme, you can use lights in the background or your own home decorations, and if you live in a place where snow falls, use it as a background.
- Comfortable matching Christmas pajamas are an infallible idea that will make your photos stand out, or if you are one of those who prefer to use something more formal, it is also a great idea.
- If you have pets, don’t forget to include them in your photo with a Christmas toy.
It’s all about the message
Christmas cards are all about cheering up your loved ones at this time of year, giving them a nice message, and even making them laugh. If you are sitting in front of a blank sheet of paper thinking about what to write, follow these tips:
- Wishes for the new year are a must in any card, either for your family or friends, especially in these difficult times we are living in.
- Funny holiday sayings to add a little humor to life with things like ‘mentally: I am ready for Christmas. Financially? I’ll never be ready.’
- Messages for pet-parents. Add a message remembering their little furry friend and wishing them a merry Christmas.
Unique materials and fun shapes
Give your loved ones a surprise with a card totally out of the ordinary with materials and shapes that do not look like a card at first glance.
- Kraft paper is an unusual material, but it has a lot of potential for cards. You can paste your photo or print your message with bright colors that will stand out.
- Wood is not a material that comes to mind when you think of a Christmas card, but it is a great option to print your photo, write a nice message, and even be used as an ornament.
- Pop-up cards are another option that has the wow factor. Besides a nice message, you can choose from hundreds of designs and give a twist to your Christmas cards.