Before choosing a toy for your child, keep in mind the following:
- The best toy isn’t always the most expensive one.
- Make sure that the toy doesn’t contain toxic materials, sharp edges or splinters that might harm your child.
- Smaller children require larger toys.
- Take into account your child’s personality when selecting a toy. If your kid isn’t the active type, puzzles or games of skill are more useful.
- Don’t buy toys solely to satisfy your child’s whim.
- If you surround your child with too many toys, she will ignore most of them.
- Don’t take toys away to punish your child.