Get Your White Sneakers Looking Like New Again!
This cleaning hack is so easy, you’ll be thankful you discovered on Latina Moms (courtesy of our friends from BuzzFeed) All you need is baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, water, an old brush, and sun!
Get your dirty white shoes and:
- Brush off your shoes to remove any big pieces of dirt.
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda, 1/2 tablespoon water, and 1/2 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide in a small mixing bowl until it becomes an even paste.
- De-lace the shoes, and gently brush the mixture into the surface (Just enough to brush away the surface dirt and work the mixture into the surface).
- Add another coat by lightly painting it evenly over the shoe.
- Add the laces to the remaining mixture, and stir them in.
- Place both your shoes and laces outside in bright sunlight. (The brighter and hotter the day the better.)
- Leave them out for 3–4 hours, or until the mixture is dry and cracking off.
- Clapping the shoes together removes most of the mixture, but you will need to go back in with a brush to get everything. The shoes should be several shades lighter.
- That’s all!
Leave A Comment